WHAT IS SEO- SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMISATION
Definition: According to Wikipedia, SEO is “the process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine’s unpaid results.”
In simple words, if you are getting listed in google search results without paying google a penny (Organic Search Results).
Let us understand :
Google Adwords : It is a google made platform where you pay google to show your listing on the top of Organic listings of your keywords result.
Let us understand how google show paid results : When you use google ads for your business website , you pay google an estimated amount of money as per your area, audience, season, and you can even schedule time of the display of ads .
But in some way google shows your ads till you are paying or running a campagin … in another term it is a recurring liability, it may give you some good leads but not forever.
Whereas when we talk about Organic Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Organic search engine optimization (organic SEO) refers to the methods used to obtain a high placement (or ranking) on a search engine results page in unpaid, algorithm-driven results on a given search engine.
A SEO campaign can offer you better results on long time and it acts like an asset to company , as it’s leads generation often is long term based.
There are many agencies who specialise in SEO.. Choosing one of them is much tough game.
On the serious note:
- Choose local area based company
- Check previous case studies and projects done by them
- Don’t invest with freelancers. Go with a proper agencies or companies
- Don’t hurry or pressure them for Instant results as it takes time a strategy to bring out positive results.
- Always have patience. As proper positive trend results take from 1 month to 3 months
- Always ask for Fortnightly reports
- Give those keywords which actually defines your business
- You should also give them a brief idea of you business domain so that a proper keywords list and strategy can be designed for your website.
- If possible get some proper content written by content writers so that those can be posted to different platforms.
- Give genuine images and description of your business.. Stock photo’s will do you no good.
- For Google original and authentic text is much relevant with proper defined keywords and proper tags, Meta Text, Description etc…