WHY is a DOMAIN Needed??
Registering right domain which reflects to your big idea or business name keeps others from using those names to pull traffic away from your website or brand. If your choice is unique, better hurry before somebody else takes the name away.
With your own domain name your web site and e-mail addresses for example will have that professional look, being unique to your business. … Because of this, domain names were developed so that easily remembered names and phrases could be used to identify entities in the Internet instead of using an IP Address.
Some Useful Terms:
- Active DOMAIN : the domain which has been bought by somebody and is valid for the term the domain has been registered for from 1 year to 10 years
- DOMAIN Deactivation : The domain which has not been renewed till last date of renewal and is deactivated and all services related to the domain shall cease to work, like website and emails.
- Domain Redemption Period : For 30 days after the expiration date the domain will be available for renewal during a grace period. After the 30 day grace period, the domain will enter a hold period known as the Redemption Period for another 30 days. To recover the domain during the Redemption Period the registry requires a $150 USD fee
- Pending Deletion Date : The exact drop time varies by registry – from 30 to 60 days. It can take up to 75 days for the domain to actually drop. Contact the registrar to find out what their hold time is. The domain will stay in pending Delete for about 5 days
- Available for Registration : The Domain is available for registration for anybody, even some of premium domains which are not renewed get available if the registrant doesn’t renews it well in time. Keep a watchful eye on some premium domains.